The field of Artificial General Intelligence is working to make robots as intelligent as humans, and experts have commented that in next 30 years, Artificial Intelligence can surpass human intelligence in some areas, but people have conflicting views on Artificial General Intelligence.
However, Artificial Intelligence (Deep Supervised Learning) is already surpassing human level accuracy in some fields, as face recognition, voice cloning, music generation, and even painting (can paint in minutes). Some latest developments in deep learning (surpassing human level accuracy) is given below:
- AI based face verification is surpassing human level performance.
- In 2014, Facebook announced that its DeepFace can match faces with 97.25% accuracy, regardless of lighting conditions or angles. As a comparison, humans generally have an average of 97.53% accuracy.
- Artificial intelligence technology can detect cancer faster than humans.
- Baidu says its new face recognition tech is better than humans at checking IDs – 99.77% accuracy
- Voice cloning – Baidu can already swap genders and remove accents. Baidu can mimic your voice after listening to it for just one minute. Here are demo voices. Here is the paper, published 28-Mar-2018.
- Machines are already doing things we thought only humans might be able to. They’re composing original music, painting in minutes, and more.
For more artificial intelligence applications, follow the link.